The March 2014 reporting season and recent RBA statistics showed stronger than expected performance from corporate Australia and the broader economy over the past 12 months.
Some key items
- Company profit growth across the Australian market averaged 11 per cent from previous 12 months;
- 66% of listed Australian companies increased profits;
- Dividends across the market increased > 3%
- 80% of companies maintained or declared higher dividends;
- The yield on Australian equities (before franking) remains healthy;
- The dividend yield on equities continues to outperform cash rates; and
- Home loans have increased by 14%. Dwelling approvals are up 35%.